Junior Leadership Greer is an exciting program for high school sophomores and juniors designed to develop informed, committed, and qualified young people capable of providing dynamic leadership in their schools and in the Greer Community as they grow and mature into adulthood.
Since 1989, the purpose of Junior Leadership Greer has been to:
- Identify and select potential leaders from students in the Greater Greer Area schools
- Stimulate students' awareness of needs within the Greater Greer Community
- Develop a spirit of cooperation among students
- Create a sense of understanding between students and community leaders
- Identify opportunities for community involvement
In addition to Orientation and Graduation, Junior Leadership Greer Class will meet for seven full-day sessions, one per month, between September and May. Sessions will generally run from 8:00am to 3:30pm. The students' schools approve absences for participation in the program sessions.
The sessions include:
- Outdoor Adventure
- Youth Personality Profile
- History of Greer
- Human Services
- Economic Development
- State Government
- Local Government/Public Service
Four rising tenth and eleventh grade students are selected from each of the six participating area high schools:
- Blue Ridge High School
- Byrnes High School
- Eastside High School
- Greer High School
- Greer Middle College Charter High School
- Riverside High School
Four students who attend private schools or who are homeschooled who would otherwise attend one of the above schools are also eligible.
Applications are now available and must be turned in by March 26.
Please see the following Counselors for an application or contact Lynn Pascazio:
Blue Ridge High School: Elizabeth Askins
Byrnes High School: Josie White
Eastside High School: Dalton Kelsey
Greer High School: Coleby Moellman
Greer Middle College Charter High School: Heather Timanus
Riverside High School: Marjorie Hintalla
For Homeschooled or private school students, please contact Lynn Pascazio for an application.
Tuition for Junior Leadership Greer is $100 per participant. Scholarships may be awarded on the basis of financial need.